Saturday 20 December 2014

Should I Leave My 5 Months Old Husband For My Boss- Single Mom

I am a Lady in my early 30s who is a single mom but now married to my fiance of 13 months. I got married about 5 months ago to a man I thought was God fearing, loyal and had my interest at heart. The thought of cheating on him has never crossed my mind, but I think he pushed me out.

Before our wedding my husband didn’t have much in his house so I bought most of the fittings in the house. I also fixed the kitchen from the money I made from the wedding. After all the refurbishing, I became penniless.


On this fateful day, I told my husband I needed to make my hair, this was like a month after our wedding, he immediately snapped at me and started saying all sorts of things. I was surprised because this man knew I spent all I had on furnishing our home. I didn’t say anything to him.

After he left for work, I went to see a friend of mine who works in a construction firm. I couldn’t tell her what happened I just told her I needed a job and she said she will talk to her boss to see if there was any vacancy. I was frequenting the company and one day the boss asked me why I was always coming around the office and I told him I needed a job.

He gave me a job and the following week he wanted to start a relationship with me but I disagreed. My husband continued his nonchalant attitude towards me and sometimes does not leave money to cook for me and my 11-year old daughter.  

My friend helped me explain the situation of things at home to my new boss and he said he would give me a loan. Instead of the loan he gave me N350,000 for free. Ever since then, he has never stopped showering me with gifts.

I cook for my husband from his money and he never deemed it fit to ask me where I get the money to make assorted soup at home from. After three weeks of working with him, he asked me to stop coming to work and placed me on salary. My husband still didn’t ask me any question, he just kept enjoying the money with me and my daughter.

Before you all start cussing me out yes I know my marriage is not up to 6 months but I think marrying my husband was a big mistake.


My problem now is that my boss wants me to leave my husband to be his second wife. In fact he has started scouting for a house for me. I am not happy about the situation, but I think my husband is a gold digger who does not care about what I do to make money and just wants to live off me. I am confused at the moment if I should leave my husband for him or stay back and endure his attitude of not caring for me. I am a single mother and would not mind being a second wife. Please help.

1 comment:

  1. She doesn't love her boss either,she's just attracted to his wealth. If she leaves her husband for him she has nothing much to lose but she would have a bad name(common six months is too early). Why did they get married in the place?#questionforthegods

    ReplyDelete